Friday, June 26, 2009

Speechless*

This week has been a great week in investing in ministry sites and establishing more relationships. Although it was a great week, I hit a low. I am 100% confident in the fact that I am exactly where God wants me to be but Wednesday was a rough day. After being here for a month I began to miss the comforts and acceptance that home offers. I also felt as if nothing I do here really matters, but I know that is exactly what satan wants me to feel. The second I woke up on Thursday everything had changed and I am so thankful for that. I love being here and I love that God loves me being here too.
So here are some pictures from my week:

Darling Faith! I had not seen her since I last blogged about her but I got to see her on Thursday. She was quite happy to see me and I was thrilled to see her! She is such a shy little love but I finally got her to giggle and dance a bit with me. I love her dearly.



Del and I mastered a new trick.



This smiley boy is Kevin. He lives on the streets and sleeps outside of a grocery store in town. Oasis of Hope is a school for street children who have the desire to gain an education and they come on their own free will. Kevin is there daily with a huge smile on his face and gets so excited to see me whenever I show up. I have loved creating a friendship with him and showing him that he is loved.


These kids are from a school called Discover to Recover and I go and share a Bible story with them every Wednesday. There are four grades jammed into one classroom when I go to talk about the Bible with them. They get pretty crazy but they are just so happy to get attention and be loved on.



I heard the news of Michael Jackson's death this morning and I was shocked! When I went into town today every shop I walked in had his music playing and a tear welled in my eye. What great music he brought to this world.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I wondered how the news would be broken to you. I decided to not say anything until you got back... but wow, Kenya loved him too. Miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torie, these pictures are evidence that you are there for a reason. How different these kids lives would be if you were not there loving them this summer.

    The trick is real good. Cant wait til youve mastered standing. Dont ever let delia be on top, she will rise to power, and noone wants that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hellooo my loverly lades.
    yes i meant to write lades and not ladies.

    I MISS YOU TWO!!
    i will still be praying for you while you are in 'frica

    rachy and linds burke and i got together for a little bitsy today - i dropped her off at the airport today and she is en route to BALI INDONESIA! say a prayer for her, sweet little shy girl lindsexy is nervous about it.

    can't wait to see you beezies!!
    looooooooooooooves

    ReplyDelete