Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time Change

This is a shot from when Del, Sammy and I got stuck in Nairobi for 2 days. One of our drivers took us to this animal park and we were able to pet a cheetah! It kept making eye contact with me and then... it bit me on the leg. It was awesome. It didn't hurt much but it scared the crap out of me and now I can forever say that I have been bit by a cheetah. Worth it? Yes.


This is Del and I today on a motorcycle with our favorite driver Victor. Besides walking and taking Boda Bodas we hop onto a motorcycle without a helmet and feel so cool.


Some of Delia and I's favorite boys. Steward, Evans and Joseph (my personal favorite). We met all of them about three years ago and they were all way shorter than us and since Del and I have not grown an inch, they are so much bigger than us now! Being with them makes me so happy, they are such amazing boys.


I want everyone to see that despite being together all day everyday, we still love each other. We have had some wonderful laughs that have lead to tears and we have also shared in conversations that lead to tears. This is an amazing experience to get to share with my best friend and I know how incredibly blessed I am.


At some point next week I am going to be going into the women's prison once a week and sharing with them Bible stories and just being there to hang out with them. I am so excited about what God is going to do through this, I cant wait to get to know and spend time with these ladies. Please be praying for me as I take on this experience but most importantly be praying for the work that God has already started there and for the work that He will continue to do once I have planted the seed in their lives. Thanks for caring.

1 comment:

  1. ya'll are so cute. i will be praying for you so much! can't wait to hear stories hun.

    ReplyDelete