Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Recently

This past Saturday we took six boys swimming and it has been one of favorite days here so far. The boys were so nervous because none of them knew how to swim, but one boy thought he knew how to swim so he went ahead and jumped off the diving board into the deep end. We then saw his arms flapping and his head not coming out of the water, so Chris dove in and got him out. We were all laughing so hard at the fact that he thought he knew how to swim, so he just went for it. The day consisted of fun times in the pool, freezing water, and great conversations with these teenage boys.


I have been spending about one to two days a week at a Sister Fredas Cottage Hospital. Sister Freda is a remarkable woman with the kindest heart I have ever known. She runs a hospital but also takes in children that have lost their parents or their parents are to weak to take care of them. She has children living at her home and also on her hospital compound. There are three children living at the hospital now and I have loved spending time and playing with them. These children have become siblings to each other share a love for one another like no other kids I have seen before.

This is Morgan. He is four years old and loves cows.


This is Elia. I am quite confident in saying that he is the cutest kid ever. He has such a wonderful personality and loves to laugh.


Tomorrow is my first day visiting the prison and I have been looking forward to it all week. Continue to keep me in your prayers and thank you so much for taking an interest in my journey.

3 comments:

  1. Tor, loved the story about the kid just jumping in. The confidence of Delia Baltierra it sounds like. And that cute little kid Elia! Are you kidding me? Bring him back, I want to tickle him. Praying for you as you head into the prison soon. What I fantastic opportunity. I know you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh that Elia kid is ridiculously cute. gimme him! cant wait to hear the stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey baby... you're doing exactly what you were shaped for. You're bringing joy and being Jesus with skin on. I love you!

    ReplyDelete